Monday 28 January 2013


You know, I never thought I would say that, but... I don't miss you. Truth be told I barely even think of you nowadays. And even so, it's 
with fondness and some melancoly. You were my best friend. We've known each other for 9 years and even though we weren't always the best of 
friends, we were always good ones.It's weird to think of the way we went together. How much we changed 
together.I know you would be hurt if you read this. Me not missing you. And you would blame it on my new friends. But it's not them, it's not their 
fault. I didn't find somebody to replace you. As I'm sure I would never be able to, even If I tried. But, you see,  close to the end... 
You weren't there for me and I simply got used to not having you around. At first I was afraid I was acting like her, when she left us 
both. But it's different. We know it is. I didn't just walk away. I gave you reasons, I talked and I tried to make you understand. Even if 
you can't.
I hope you find somebody who will be able to be there for you and  that, because of what happened to us, you are able to be there for 
her. I hope you understand that it's not because you're messed up. It was never because you were messed up. I was messed up long before we 
met. Being messed up was a part of who we were. One more bond between us. What made us who we were and who we are now.
I confess that I feel a pang of guilt when I think of the way it ended and sometimes I have to control my need to text and see how you are. 
But I was right to tell you to back off and I'm glad you respected it and didn't fight for me. I may have done it for the wrong reasons, 
with a wrong timing. But they were my reasons and there were the right ones too. But I didn't want to set blame or you hating me. Nor end up 
hating you. And I really don't regret it.
I do regret, though, not having realised before that I was your person, even though you weren't mine anymore.
I don't miss you and never think of you. And we both know that's a lie.
I hope you find the peace of mind and happiness you need, someday.
Love
T.

2 comments: