Tuesday 1 January 2013

Wishing it was you


I feel the sun caressing my skin,
Heating up my body
And can`t help wishing it was you.
Your hands, your arms, your heart.

Stranger arms holding me,
Trying to make up for it.
But all I ever want is to be
Inside your arms, it`s all I need.

I see couples holding hands,
Exchanging kisses or the simplest of smiles
How I wish it were you and I.
In our together loneliness.

I see your name light the screen
Of my phone and I cannot hide the silly grin
For all your messages are like a dream
And it makes me feel like you were here.
Even if for a little while.

It makes me happy when I hear
Your voice against my ear.
But in my heart, I know it`s not real
And sadness sometimes overcome the joy.
I wish you were here

You are the sun, I am the moon
For I only shine when I`m with you.
You`re the rainbow, I`m the storm
You`re every way and without you I`m lost.

You`re everything I've ever need
And my love for you goes so deep
That even in my dreams
I dream of loving you.

ThaĆ­s Neves

No comments:

Post a Comment