Friday 10 January 2014

If this is a dream I don't want to wake up
If it's all just a dream then let it become my reality
For in this dream I can hold you
In the dream you know that I love you.

I try to reach out to you but you won't look
I'm all alone and you can't see me
I scream the words to the wind, for the world to listen
Yet you never hear.

You're in my arms, I hold you tight
I can count the infinite beats of your heart
As we lay, side by side
Whispering promises in the moonlight

Day by day I try to convince myself it's a mistake
But one look at your smile and my heart's awake,
All the reasons this could be wrong make it be so absolutely right
that I catch myself counting down the seconds until it's night.

As night comes and I can finally sleep, in dreams you come
Your heartbeats have the sound of a drum
Telling me all that I need to know.
Telling me that in dreams, at least, we belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment