Friday 10 January 2014

Some german music

So, on the spirit of one-month-till-I-leave-for-Germany-for-a-year-and-a-half (more to be said about this later when the mood strikes) I'm going to put some German music here to educate you guys. As if. Nah I just really like this song, and this band as a matter of fact, and though it took me a trip to google to actually understand more than a few words here and there (totally worth it btw) I wasn't disappointed. It's also a proof that German isn't ugly as a language. I know that when people think of german, of Germany, the first thing that comes to mind is Hitler and WWII and all the blood, tears, pain and despair of war, of a country left in the hands of the wrong people (well not left but taken over by). But there's so much more to Germany than that. There's so much more to the german language then the Hitler speeches or what we saw on some WWII inspired movie. German is not a language for curses only. It's also a language for music, for poetry and for pride. I do admit the huge words that look like complete sentences (and that actually are complete sentences when you get to know them) are more than a little scary. But there's so much more to it than the scary first, second and third impressions. Just... Listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment