Thursday 28 February 2013

Light my way


The same nightmare comes and goes
That same dark room that is now so old.
And the screams, so loud, that come from within.
I'm all alone in this haunted inn.

The voices tell me what I should know
And I live in fear, for I've lost all control.
Of who I am andwhat I may be
And in the darkest moments my enemy is me.

I close my eyes not wanting to fall asleep.
It's a heartless fight and one I cannot win
For tiredness comes and knocks me down
And finally, I dream and I know I'm lost.

I'm lost, I'm lost but you somehow found me.
I'm scared of what may happen but you bring me the courage.
I tried to put the pieces together alone but now I can see
We are just lonely when we wish to be.

You hold on to me and nightmares are gone
You're the light that guides my way home.
A love so strong that ignites my soul.
And I smile for deep down I know I'm no longer alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment