Tuesday 5 February 2013

Les Miserables - the 2012 movie.

Warning: This movie WILL make you cry.

So, I watched this movie this weekend and I've been meaning to write this since then but I needed some time to put my feelings back together. Those of you who have, like me, read the book before watching this movie will probably be as happy as I because they were faithful to it (as long as I can remember. Though I must confess I read Les Miserables 5 years ago). It's a heartbreakingly beautiful story that makes us think about everything, specially our own lives and how we have been living them. Anne Hathaway rocked as Fantine, specially on the incredibly sad moment in which she sang "I dreamed a dream". And man, did that brought me to tears. Let's face it, in total I cried 8 times. Which is a remarkable accomplishment because I don't think I've ever cried this hard in any movie, ever. 
They managed to tell the story beautifully with really great songs and a cast to match everything else. So yeah, the movie was great in every single way. And a musical like musicals should be. I don't really have to say that I absolutely loved it, do I? Thought so. Anyway, I'm trying not to give any spoilers so I'll keep it short. 
Those of you who haven't watched it, you should. It's a movie worthy all the awards.
For those of you who have... You can always watch again. Like I am going to. ;)
And read the book. Because the book is just as good. 


A little sneak peek. ;)







T.

No comments:

Post a Comment