Friday 9 May 2014

Traveling around

Hi there,

I know I haven't written anything in a while and I miss it, a lot. But lately I've been doing a lot of travelling. And a lot of going out (check me out with a social life). My roommate and I went to Poland on a roadtrip with a few other brazilians from our school, it was great. Not only the knowing of a new country but also because of the experience and the history we got to learn. We went to Krakow and did a tour around the Jewish neighbourhood, we saw the Castle and got to learn a bit about the dragon's tale. We went out, we had a great time. But one of the things that marked me the most was the Jewish walking tour that I did. And not only for the story, since we got to listen and follow all that had happened in Krakow and Poland since the moment the Jewish started to go there until past world war 2. With of course a focus on the attrocities commited during the war. We saw Schindler's factory. We saw the Chairs Platz where the jewish had been told to gather and then taken or killed. What marked me was the claim the guide made, which is recurrent here in Germany and in all other places marked by the WWII. She said "Please, don't remember us for the atrocities commited. There's so much more to our history than that. When you think of us don't think of Aushwitz only. Think of all the good things we did to the Jewish and to everyone else through our history." And also the fact that, like the germans, they don't hide what was done. But they learned and they do their best to make sure history won't be repeated.
Anyway, after Poland I spent a week back in Berlin having classes and then I spent 10 days in England, where after a few days in London, which was marvelous, and the Wicked performance (which will gain a post for itself)  I got to spend the most marvelous time with Hannah who I finally got to meet. ^^

So yeah. That's the reason and I'm sorry and the minute I finish this other project of mine I'll try to give more thought and dedicate myself more to this blog.

Live long and prosper xD

No comments:

Post a Comment