Sunday 11 May 2014

Love letter to a stranger

Dear Stranger,

I know we've probably never talked before and this may sound a little weird but the thing is, I love you. I think you are the most important person that ever existed and I love everything about you. Even all the things you seem to consider flaws, even the defects. I love you for who you are, when you let yourself trust enough to let your shield down. I love the way you smile, the way you talk and I thinkg you are the most beautiful person that exists. I think you have a good heart and I know for a fact you will archieve great things if only you allow yourself to. 
My dear, I hope you've had a good day. I know life can be rough sometimes specially with those of us who they are unable to comprehend but you can do it. You can fight everything and every single person who tells you otherwise, who tells you can't or that you don't have what it takes. Because you do. You have a strenght within that's hiding, just waiting to be discovered. Just waiting for the right moment to come out. There will be good days, as there always were, and the bad days don't need to take the beauty out of the good ones. The good days should be cherished, enjoyed, go crazy like there's no one watching. It's on the moments of sheer joy and freedom that you shine the brightest. 
Find the people who make you feel like you can be yourself and don't let go of them. Find the people who make you feel special, unique, invencible. Surround yourself with them. No matter if they live next door or a thousand miles away. And let go of whoever hurts you, whoever makes you feel like less. They're not worth of your time or tears. Seek love, even when it seems like there's no hope, for you'll find it. 
Take risks, my love. Go on adventures, even if these adventures are inside the pages of books or the episodes of a new show. Try, try and try again. And know that whenever you fall there's always going to be someone right there to catch you and help you up again. Even if sometimes you can't see it. Make mistakes, I know this sound like a line stolen from one of those help books but the only way you'll ever learn what's right is by doing what's wrong. 
I know we're most likely to never meet, and it saddens me to know that. But I also know that you're alive. You're alive and you're seeking happiness. And I truly hope you find it. And I'll be right here waiting, loving you. I hope you think of me, sometimes, when you're feeling sad or happy or lonely. I hope you think of me when you feel like there's no escape. No moving forwards. I hope you remember me when you feel you're not important. When others tell you you're not good enough. I hope you think of me, and remember that I love you and think you're the single most important thing in the entire universe and all other universes that might be discovered. I hope you remember me, and that you know that I'll always accept you for who you are, instead of for who you pretend to be. You're my idea of perfect, and I hope someday you can think the same about yourself. I hope someday you're able to love yourself half as much as I love you, and to believe in yourself as I do. Because you're my lifeline and you deserve to be happy.
Have a great week.

Always yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment