Friday 14 June 2013


You left me once,
And it felt like all the light had been stolen from me
Every breath I took was a battle to remain alive
And every second felt like eternity.

But now you're back, I'm whole again.
The open wound in my heart starts to fade away.
I saw you and felt the sunlight wash my face
You're my light, my safe place.

But as the days pass by,
I feel we're only drifting further apart.
And the truth that try to hide and deny
Is that I know you want to say goodbye.

I can't stand the thought of you walking away
You left me once and it was like after the hurricane
Everywhere I looked, only darkness and sorrow
And I can't stand the thought of tomorrow.

All the stupid songs talking about love
They're nothing but a fantasy hiding behind the truth that's so cold.
And whoever said saying goodbye was the right thing to do
Doesn't know the pain of a broken heart, a shattered soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment