Tuesday 7 October 2014

Bright green eyes.

I don’t want to talk about the passing of time, nor about death and how that’s the only certainty in life. I would much rather talk about beginnings, about uncertainties, about hopes and dreams. Because every step is uncertain, isn’t it? Every word that’s said, everything that’s thought, every action we make… They’re all beginnings. I’m not sure I’m able to talk about love, to talk about life, without thinking about death and so I’ll try to stay clear of those subjects. I’ll talk about a girl’s first bra instead. I’ll talk about laugher. I’ll talk about pizza, about back rubbing. I’ll talk about swimming pools, about street barbecues, about tv watching. I’ll talk about eating. I’ll talk about presents, about crazy shopping days, about hair trimming. I won’t talk about hospitals, about diseases, about ashes. But about Christmas dinners, about Santa Claus, about cans of poop.  I’ll talk about stories, about choices, about lazy weekends.  Not about pain and sorrow and suffering, but about jokes and smiles and light green eyes. I’ll talk about needs and wishes and freedom. About care, about spider games on the computer, about skype calls. I’ll talk about backyard barbecues and dessert. About bathtubs big enough for 4 children and a bad witch shimmering a cauldron.  I’ll talk about the memories of a man with a good heart, an easy laugh and bright green eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment